A few industrious nerds started up the new site honboost.com with the hope of bringing in some cash with a coaching/boosting service. S2 has been banning them by forums since of course boosting or anything that involves sharing accounts with multiple people is against HoN rules since it compromises the highly important ELO rating system.
It’s interesting that ratings are important enough to players that they will pay to have theirs artificially improved just to have increased street cred with their bros. Boosting is kind of like a boob implant for gamers, right? Ratings are this important, yet Dota 2 still won’t have them. Man, Gabe Newell is a dumbass for shutting down Dotabuff, and his approach to ratings in general. All competitive games need ELO.
1. Find a few friends to queue with. If you don’t have friends, have alt accounts on standby.
2. Wait for a noob pub to appear. This is DotA 2 we’re talking about, so you probably have at least 2-3 noobs in your game on average.
3. If you deem that disgusting public to not be worth playing the Game of Games, have you and your friends report them for communication abuse.
4. Kid is fucking muted for a day. If they’re truly disgusting, they’ll earn a big week long ban.
MUTE SYSTEM WILL SHOW THEM TROLLS!!!
This post dedicated to KnightOfNostalgia, who got himself a shiny new 168 hour mute tonight.
This one’s a bit late as I was too busy with other shit, as many of you may know, JoshP started playing HoN again, a lot, and recently him and a friend or two started a small time In-house league (similar to ixdl but without the client) which was sponsored by S2 with casters and nerdy incentives like gold coins as prize. Basically, there were 3 brackets, one for the 1650+ dumpsters, second for the 1850+ “know it all’s” and third was the diamond bracket, for competitive players. They were giving away 4200 gold coins in total by the end of every month to most active nergins in their brackets. Here’s the link to that thread on HoN forums.
Hero Kill Changes: Hero killing becomes much more valuable in the early game (Exp shifts), the late game (gold * level), but also makes hero killing sprees more valuable than static farming.
- Increased the gold given per level of a hero from 5 to 10
- Decreased the amount of gold given for kill streaks from 50 to 25
- Decreased the gold loss for dying from 30 to 25 per level
- Heroes will now be worth more gold depending on their GPM compared to the average GPM of the game. A hero can be worth 50% more. Kill streak and first blood are not affected.
- Changed Exp granted on kills from 100-2300 to 100-2500(100 per level and Area experience for multiple heroes remains unchanged)
- A streak will now reduce the gold lost of the streaker by 25 per streak on his next death
- Solo Hero kills will now grant assist gold to the team (split four ways)
Homecoming Stone: Right now counter TPs happen too fast in general for a team to viably try to gank an enemy hero. The increase duration will allow teams the chance to gank enemies at towers once again while still allowing the enemy team a chance to react. The increased duration to four seconds also makes it much more viable to run right when you see a port coming or to TP right when a port starts since your port out will only take 3 seconds.
- It now takes 4 seconds to TP to any t1 tower, 3.5 seconds on any t2 tower and 3 seconds to tp to anything inside your base.
Looks like KingRaven is squarely in the dumpster even after giving up all his youtube and blog fame. Not even the trash at ixdl will touch that dirty dong of his:
xcom and murglacius.
Kids I’ve made frequent the dumpster multiple times. xCom’s legendary bad storm spirit made a pub debut a few months ago. Sensing a moment to bolster his stature and beat his chest in front of me, he tried to troll me, got massively wiped, taught the hard lesson that sometimes life hands you lemons. If you’re a small son, much like this dumpster, you go to your lemonade stand and sell cups for .25 cents each. Life gives me lemons, too, but I just order the rock lobster tail.
I know, you’ve seen the soul stealer video, might even have it as your ringtone. Probably have plays from that game printed on posters, re-eanct the courier kill with your best friends and have the KingRaven song on your ipod. It’s natural to hate me – but I’m sure in the hell a lot better than a majority of people posting in there that are vouched and posting denies. No one even knows these people.
xCom, it’s known you’re like 17 years old. IT’s 9 pm, don’t you have multiplication tables to study?
Does KingRaven, characterized by many as “HoN trash”, reflect the truth concerning MursGlacius and Xcom? Does Xcom indeed have KingRaven’s soulstealer video as his ringtone? Only the netizens can decide. Let’s all take a moment to reflect on the various literary gems tucked away here.
If you’re a small son, much like this dumpster, you go to your lemonade stand and sell cups for .25 cents each.
Life gives me lemons, too, but I just order the rock lobster tail.
I know, you’ve seen the soul stealer video, might even have it as your ringtone